Thursday 12 November 2009

Still no clay :(

The package was supposed to arrive between the 11th and the 14th... now the 12th is almost over... I am impatient...

I'm going to go to the craft supply store tomorrow to buy some coloured paper for my students. I'm leading a handicrafts workshop at school and we want to make Advent calendars next week. Got the OK from school that I can go and buy all the stuff I need and they are going to pay for it. They even said that I could spend between 100 and 150 EUR without anyone asking questions. I definitely won't need that much for the paper. But having a bunch of girls in that group... it would be fun to make some simple jewelry from polymer clay, too. We could exibit it at the next school event.

Oh, and in the meantime swine flu is spreading. Now our neigbours are infected. Their son has it for sure, one of his sisters and his mother have the symptoms, too. So now I can not only get it at school but also at home.
I still don't know if I should get the shot or not. I have a graded exam lesson in 2 weeks and I don't want to become ill before that. And I usually react sensitive to medicine, so I don't want to get ill from the shot. But I don't want to get swine flu either...
So I guess I just hope that I'll be fine for the next 2 weeks, after that I might get the shot. Then it doesn't matter if I get ill or not. I just want to make sure I won't get ill over Christmas and New Years'. My boyfriend will be in Germany then and I don't want him to have to stay away from me or get infected himself. That's not how our holidays are supposed to be like...

Anyway, I'll go shopping tomorrow and while I buy the stuff for school I will also get some more supplies for the clay.
Oooh, and I also discovered some cool books on making wire jewelry. Those looked pretty, but the book was 50EUR, a bit too much for my poor purse. But luckily it is Christmas soon so that I can add them to my wishlist :D
And I've ordered some pretty neat stuff from artfire, too. That should arrive within the next 2 or 3 weeks, too.
So I REALLY wouldn't mind if they had to close the school for a week or two.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment