Tuesday 31 March 2020

Easter outdoor decorations

This is actually an idea a friend of mine had: for her son's 4th birthday she had painted a giant ninja turtle onto a piece of cardboard and hung it on the fence. It stayed there for almost 9 months before she took it down. So when she told me that she wanted to have her kids paint Easter bunnies and eggs on cardboard and decorate her fence with them, I thought that was a fantastic idea and I should copy it. Our garage currently looks like a giant cardboard storage facility. Thanks to Amazon we have lots of boxes in different shapes and sizes, especially since I've recently ordered some large picture frames. So I pulled out some large pieces and started drawing and cutting.
My son had a lot of fun painting the eggs. We did them together, since some shapes turned out to be too hard for a 4yo, and he tried really hard to follow the patterns. But that's ok. I find painting incredibly relaxing, so I was happy I got to do some painting, too!
We haven't done the bunnies yet, but the eggs are already up on the fence. Our yard is right along a popular walking path, so hopefully the people walking by will be cheered up and smile when they see them.



There is also currently a trend going around of kids painting rainbows in windows, symbolizing hope that all will be well and reminding other kids that they are not the only ones having to stay at home. We painted a rainbow on cardboard and hung it on the fence, too.

                 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment