Monday 25 June 2012

More Top Hats!

Being sick sucks, I think we all can agree on that. But when you start feeling better and not like a rotten apple any more, you're looking for something to occupy yourself with until you're completely recovered. After having finished the wedding top hats, I wanted to make more. Especially because I still needed one for myself for the upcoming Cosday in Frankfurt.
I got this beautiful Scottish tartan and I immediately knew I wanted to turn this cloth into an elegant top hat. And I am more than pleased with the result. I love how it all comes together: the tartan, the black satin, the feathers, the cameo, the chain. It's cute and adorable and I love how the feathers bounce up and down when walking.







After that I was caught in the hat making fever! I had some felt left over. It wasn't enough to make another large version, so I made several tiny and super tiny versions. I think they are all cute and adorable and I want to keep and wear them all, but I am pretty sure my husband wouldn't approve of our apartment becoming a storage room for hats. So I will take them to the Cosday with me and see if anyone wants to buy them. And I still have the pictures, so I can always make myself one, too! :D














No comments:

Post a Comment